Thursday, January 8, 2009

Background History

As far as my technology background goes, let's just say that I am a technology idiot.  If I sit down at something and work at it for a long while, usually I can come out with what I want, but I probably had to ask questions.  Thus, it will be really fun creating and working with this blog, if you know what I mean!  I guess my background history with technology is far better than my parents who, believe it or not, ask me for computer help.  I haven't had any jobs that deal with computers besides the job that I now have.

In 2006 I worked in the Bindery and Periodicals Department of the Harold B. Lee Library of Brigham Young University.  I was mainly responsible for binding monographs for the majority of my time there.  Towards the end of my time at this phase of my life, I worked with periodicals and at the Reference Desk.  Here, I learned a lot about research and was required to help people with their technology problems.  Needless to say, I learned a whole lot, but was and continue to be nervous when patrons come to me with questions.  At the end of 2006 I took a break for a couple years.  Upon my return I had the privilege of having my job back.  Today I work in both the Bindery and Periodicals Departments.  I have many questions and am still recalling the many things that I learned in 2006.  I am excited to become more knowledgable in technology as I know that it will be very helpful in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Please feel free to ask questions. Then at least I'll feel useful in class. :)

    ReplyDelete