Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 5-Digital Storytelling/TPACK

I am going home for the long President's Day weekend and have decided to do my digital story with my younger siblings. The three youngest siblings are adopted from China. They are all in the second grade, but they aren't triplets. I thought it would be neat to work with them on a story. Two of them even received cameras for Christmas, so they will think it's pretty fun to make stories out of their pictures. Because they are from China, I thought it would be neat to do a "family story" and let them do a short autobiography about themselves. I will be doing it this weekend, thus, I have no photos, music, etc. I just have ideas of what I want to do. I will focus on the K-3 Language Arts Standard 1, Objective 2, which is specifically about what we are doing-stories and technology (media). I will also be focusing on the K-3 Core Content Standard 2, Objective 1 which deals with the family and relationships in the family. My younger siblings and I will do a family story with photos and music. We will work on the storyboard together as well. After the digital story is finished, I will let them explore with their own cameras and try to make one up themselves. (Pedagogy) For Technology, I will load photostory on our home computer so that they can work with that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment