Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Technology Enhanced Lesson Plan

I am interested in doing a lesson with the thermometers like we did in class. In the first-grade classroom that I am in, we are currently doing a water unit. I have discussed with my teacher what my ideas were. She told me about doing water centers. By doing water centers, I wouldn't need to have many computers and thermometers. I could just use one laptop with a thermometer and use it in one of my water centers. Thus, the lesson plan for this center would use a laptop and thermometer. The objective would be to observe and measure characteristics of water. I would have a cup of room temperature water with the laptop and thermometer. I would also have a cup of ice cold water. I have created a worksheet where children can look at a pictures of thermometers and write down the temperature. At the end of the worksheet, they will be asked to read the thermometer and measure the temperatures of the room temperature water and the ice water. Afterwards, they will be free to play with the thermometers as we did in class. Perhaps they can try to write the first letter of their names with the thermometers. I will do my water centers this Friday in the morning. I look forward to this activity as all other activities and experiments done with water were a hit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment