Monday, April 20, 2009

Internet Safety Sharing

I decided to talk with my mom, who is 46 years old. I first asked her what she knew about internet safety. Then I told her what we did in our assignment as well as my insights, thoughts, and opinions.
I never really thought about it, but awhile ago my mom put some kind of internet safety thing called cyber patrol on our computer at home. At this same time, we had just moved and the den where the computer is is open so that anyone can see the screen if someone is on the computer. She told me about cyber patrol and why she did it and why the computer is where it is. Most things I never took any thought to until now. My mom found out about cyber patrol because my mom didn't like some of the things we went to, so she researched it and asked a computer guy. He told her about cyber patrol and so she signed up for it and pays for it. She said that she knows we hate it because she always has to unlock things for us-for example, facebook-soooo dumb, everytime I want to use it at home, my mom has to unlock it. I guess it's good though. My mom thinks that cyber patrol and other internet blockers aren't very good though because technology is so advanced that people can still see things that they shouldn't that isn't blocked by cyber patrol. There are ways to get around them-they don't totally do everything you want them to.
It was quite informative to talk with my mom. She recognizes that she is not at all informed, but tries her best to protect her children.

1 comment:

  1. Internet safety for kids will be the first and most effective way to prevent bad things to happen. We would not want that to happen to our children that is why it is important to practice Internet safety tips for children.

    ReplyDelete